Eco Driver Training
Subsidised Ecodriver Training
There are many smart and safe techniques which drivers can use to significantly reduce their fuel costs; one of the best ways to learn these techniques is to take our one hour Ecodriving driver training course.
All training is given by suitably qualified driver instructors, and these courses have a proven record in helping to achieve considerable savings. AMC Driving Solutions has been appointed by the Energy Saving Trust to carry out this training programme on their behalf.
8,500 driver training places
The Subsidised Ecodriving Training scheme benefits from a grant via the Department for Transport and will run until 31 March 2017. There are 8,500 drivers training places available during the current financial year. Benefits include:
- 15% reduction in fuel consumption.
- 15% reduction in CO2.
- Open to both manual and automatic transmission vehicles.
- Open to private individuals.
Moreover, training costs (a one hour training session costs £20 plus VAT) are all tax deductable.
Golden rules to save fuel
- Anticipate Traffic Flow
- Maintain a steady speed at low RPM
- Change gear early
- Check tyre pressures frequently - at least once a month
- Remove roof racks when not in use
- Drive at an appropriate speed and within the speed limit
- Remove any un-necessary clutter from the vehicle
- Click here to contact us for further details
(Please note: Scheme and training available only in England. Not available to private individuals or vehicles exceeding 3,500kg)